Feasting on Fruit using just 13 ingredients with only 230 calories and 85 minutes of your time.
A fun and healthy recipe to make and share with the kids!
Brought to you by Yummly!
You’ve added exercise to your weight loss plan and you’re committed. So why is the scale not moving, or even going up? This can be very frustrating but don’t despair; there are many reasons why…
Need help reaching your weight goal? Contact Us at Functional Performance Fitness so we can discuss which of our programs, both fitness and nutritional will work best for you. Functional Performance Fitness has many programs for nutrition, exercise and recovery – contact us now!
Beets contain a unique phytonutrients pigments. These pigments can provide powerful antioxidant protection. They are particularly rich in folate acid, excellent in B1 & B2 vitamin important for a healthy heart and essential for normal tissue growth. Not only are beets are high in nutrients, but are very low in calories. 1 cup of cooked beets contains 75 calories. Enjoy this meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
• 1 lb. beets, washed, peeled and diced
• 1/2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and diced
• 1 sweet onion, diced
• 3-4 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
• Beet greens (from 6 beets), chopped
• 5-6 kale leaves, ribs removed, chopped
• 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
• Handful fresh parsley
• 3-4 fried eggs
1. In a fry pan, put in diced raw beets and potatoes with plus enough water to cover them (about 3 cups). Season with salt and bring to a boil and cook for about 7 minutes.
2. Drain and set aside the beets and potatoes.
3. In the same pan, add olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add in kale and beet greens, and cook until wilted (2- 3 mins). Set aside.
5. Heat oil in the fry pan over med-high heat. Add back potatoes and beets and press firmly into a layer, and allow the veggies to brown. Once crispy, flip to the other side.
6. Add kale and beet greens, stirring to combine. Let the entire mixture crisp up for another few minutes.
7. Top with 3-4 fried eggs and parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!!
I'm Natatia Gemmell. No matter how busy life gets, eating well and exercising is always a priority! I LOVE fitness, and I teach my clients how to stay on the health & fitness path by exercising, eating better and staying healthy!