A delicious side for your summer BBQ!
• 1 head romaine lettuce (organic if possible, separated into individual leaves)
• 1/2 cup beet store bought hummus (no preservatives)
• 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 3/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1 ripe avocado, cubed
• 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
For the Sauce:
• 1/3 cup tahini
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 tbsp. maple syrup
• Pinch sea salt
• Water to thin, if needed
1. Prepare sauce by whisking tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Add water 1 tbsp. at a time, until dressing thickness is to your liking. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Set aside.
2. Arrange lettuce “boats” on a platter, and begin filling with 1-2 tbsp. of hummus. Top with lots of veggies.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the top, and serve.
I'm Natatia Gemmell. No matter how busy life gets, eating well and exercising is always a priority! I LOVE fitness, and I teach my clients how to stay on the health & fitness path by exercising, eating better and staying healthy!