Chia seeds are packed with nutrients. A mere 2 tablespoons pack 8 g of fiber, 4 g of protein, and 2 g of omega-3 fatty acids, as well as calcium, magnesium, and antioxidants — not too shabby for a tiny seed! Even more spectacular than its health value is its thickening ability, which can turn a plain cup of liquid into a creamy pudding. In just a few easy steps, you can make yourself the most delicious and hearty breakfast to keep you full and energized for hours.
Rolled oats, chia seeds, and cacao nibs make up the base of this breakfast bowl. Although chia seeds don’t provide any flavor, when soaked in liquids, it adds a great deal of texture. The longer you let it sit, the more the chia seed will plump up.
We use almond milk , but you can substitute any kind of non-dairy milk you prefer. For a touch of sweetness, you can add maple syrup or raw honey.
There are endless variations when it comes to toppings. The fun part comes with the variety of toppings and mix-ins!
OATMEAL TOPPINGS GALORE: This chia oatmeal breakfast bowl is topped with granola, blackberries, and blood orange segments. Get creative though - next time try loading your oatmeal with toasted almonds, sliced banana, and a handful of chocolate chunks. And if you're feeling tropical, maybe add some shredded coconut, pineapple slices, and chopped macadamia nuts. Enjoy!
Roasting adds a savory depth of flavor one can only achieve once a bit of caramelization has occurred, and creates crispy edges, which are a textural delight.
• 1 bunch Asparagus, Ends Cut Off, Chopped Into 2-3 Inch Pieces
• 1 Red Onion, peeled and chopped
• 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
• 8 oz. Mushrooms (any Kind), quartered or halved
• 1 medium eggplant, chopped into cubes
• 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• Salt & pepper, to taste
• 1 tsp. steak seasoning (your favourite brand)
• 1/3 cup Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and steak seasonings.
4. Gently toss to coat all of the veggies.
5. Spread veggies out on two baking sheets.
6. Roast for 20 minutes, shaking the pans 2x while roasting. If needed, roast for an additional 5-10 minutes.